EK-Meltemi 120ER are 38mm thick extreme high-static pressure computer cooling fans, designed purely for highest-performance computer liquid cooling systems. Developed in-house on the basis of renowned EK-Vardar fans, they have a wide PWM range of operation. Due to a 38mm thick frame, there is space for an upgraded motor and far superior performance compared to any standard 25mm thick fan at the same RPM range. EK-Meltemi 120ER fans with Extended range (ER) of PWM operation feature a special Start-Stop function which brings a true 0db experience for the absolute silent fan operation.
The Meltemi family of cooling fans carries the name of a type of strong, dry northern winds of the Aegean Sea. The name Meltemi is derived from Italian mal tempo meaning “bad weather”, while we can say that the EK-Meltemi is “bad news” for high temperatures.
The key characteristics of EK-Meltemi fans are:
High-static pressure – unlike other general-purpose computer cooling fans, the EK-Meltemi family of fans is built specifically for computer liquid cooling systems, namely radiator cooling. The new 7 fan blade design is optimized for extremely high-pressure built upon a massive motor housed in a 38mm thick frame.
High-quality motor and bearing assembly – New electrical design, and the Dual-Ball bearing with 50.000 hours of lifespan (MTBF) @40C operation ensures uninterrupted operation for years to come. Precise Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for fan speed adjustment allows performance adjustment on demand.
Sealed-edge fan casing – The classic, yet the effective square shape of the fan casing provides optimal performance in either pull – (suction) or push (pressure) regime without hydraulic losses, thus ensuring the optimal cooling capacity of your liquid cooling radiators. The classic shape of the fan frame also allows easy cable routing while grouping more fans on one radiator.
0db regime – EK-Meltemi 120ER features a unique Start-Stop function which ensures the user a true 0db noise environment. When the fan curve is set with the minimum threshold point below 25-30% PWM duty cycle (depending on the motherboard model), the motor and the electronics will turn off and the fan will simply stop spinning. EK-Meltemi 120ER restarts operation automatically as fan control ramps up its operational duty cycle past threshold start-stop point. This feature is very useful for preventing radiator dust buildup in idling PCs and to prolong the lifecycle of the fan itself.
Robust design – The EK-Meltemi 120ER fans fit subtly into any liquid cooling computer giving it an industrial look based on quality and performance.
Sleeved cable – It comes with a 500mm long, nylon-sleeved 4-pin PWM cable.
Mechanical and electrical specifications:
– Maximum speed: 1800 RPM (+/- 10%)
– Rated Voltage: 12V DC
– Power Draw: 1.6W
– PWM Duty Cycle: 25-100% – ER (Extended Range)
– Connector: 4-pin PWM header
– Shaft bearing: Dual-Ball bearing
– Bearing durability: 50.000 hrs @ 40°C (MTBF)
– Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 38 mm
– Max Air Flow: 62 CFM = 106 m³/h
– Static Pressure: 2.75mm H2O = 27Pa
– Sleeved cable length: 500 mm
– Noise Level: 31.3dBA
The scope of delivery:
– EK-Meltemi series fan
– radiator UNC 6-32 screws (4pcs)
– self-tapping screws (4pcs)
Designed and engineered by EK Water Blocks in Slovenia – Europe
Made in China
- For the best performance EK recommends using the EK-Meltemi 120ER in pull mode!
- The minimal rotation speed of the fan might vary from motherboard to motherboard model and even source PWM header.
- For best results, EK recommends using the CPU_FAN header as the PWM signal source for controlling the fan.
- EK suggests checking your fan header power specification to calculate how many fans can you connect to it.
|# of Fans||1|